RYA Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Theory
RYA Yacht Master Sailing Courses in Barcelona and Costa Brava with Barcelona Watersports
The Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster RYA theory course provides advanced training for experienced skippers, building on knowledge gained from the Dayskipper theory course. This course is aimed at those who are looking to execute complex sailing passages offshore by day or night and are able to plan and execute into unfamiliar waters. The theory course should compliment the practical course when skippering passages over 60 miles. The course topics include the following:
- Position fixing
- Course shaping and plotting
- Tides, secondary ports, streams, anomalies
- IRPCS Lights, day shapes, sound signals
- Pilotage and navigation in restricted visibility
- Electronic aids to navigation
- Advanced meteorology; interpreting forecasts, plotting weather systems and predictions through observations and use of barometer
- Customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
Perquisites: You will need to have a good grasp of all subjects covered by the Dayskipper shore-based course and of collision regulations.
Exams: There are three exams, one on each of the following areas; metrology, chart work and collision regulations.
Venue: Port Vell Marina, central Barcelona.
Course Cost: €699